Saturday, June 2, 2012

Writing

So for school i had to write a hudge portfolio of all my work. I entitled it Ripple in the Ink. This is one of the poems i wrote modeled after the the poem Grandmas Cupboard
  
Mothers Smile

I hear my mother,
Her Bright cheerful laugh.

Her eyes so full of love for me,
He shining, smiling face.
She is so much,
A part of me.

The water in my growing life.
I close my eyes,
And feel her loving arms,
Reaching out to me.
Her warmth shines through.

And yet, I cannot touch
My loving Mother’s face.
Just a picture on the wall, 
Far away and gone,
Close, yet far
Near, yet gone.
I long for her embrace.

I also had to put a quote on the cover of it so i choose....
By The role of a writer is not to say what we all can say, but what we are unable to say.  ~Anaïs Nin

No comments: